Friday, May 21, 2010

Meet Michele from Crochele


I began crocheting as a young child. My grandmother taught me the very
basics so I was making pot holders and such (not very well lol). In 2007 I was pregnant and on bed rest and I was beyond bored. I decided to go to the local craft store and find something, anything, to keep me from going completely batty. As I passed by the yarn section I remembered that I knew how to crochet so I bought a cheap skein of yarn, a crochet hook and a small "How to Crochet" booklet. The feel of it came back to me fairly quickly but I didn't know how to do anything more than chain and turn. I had to idea how to read a pattern either! I jumped online and did some serious research and watched a TON of tutorials on crocheting. I began making blankets, hats and booties for the baby I was so impatiently waiting for. I slowly got better and began making items for family and friends' kids. Eventually my hubby advised me that I couldn't continue buying yarn to give away the things
 I was making. SO that's when I decided to open up shop! I love what I do . I love making my customers happy with the lovelies I make :~). I prefer to do custom orders so that people don't feel like they are "settling" on something I have chosen the colors and styles for.

My best selling items are definitely my Baby Gladiator Sandals in summer and in winter I'd say it's my Newsboy caps and Bus Stop Booties.

This is my first time participating in the Etsy Baby Shower and I'm loving it! All of the mommies are so sweet and I'm thrilled to be making them something for their babies.

I am donating to eight mommies so I haven't decided on all of the items yet. I will be giving them mostly winter items since most are due at the end of summer. I want them to be able to use them for a little while. Most likely Bus Stop Booties and Newsboy Caps.

In honor of the Etsy Baby Shower I will be offering 10% off and FREE shipping on any order placed through August using the code "Etsy Baby Shower" in the Message to Seller section at checkout. This includes any item in my shop!


http://www.crochele.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/crochelehandcrafted
http://www.twitter.com/crochele
http://www.crochele.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment